Sunday, August 26, 2007

Return of the Knitting Jedi

I suppose that it is a little presumtious to call myself a knitting Jedi, but I am going to run with it. Some days I feel like I might be on the concil but might not be promoted from Padawan.

Anyway, not only have I been fighting a fever known as blog/podcast fade, but I have also been struggling with listening fatigue. I am really behind on all of my favorite casters current episodes. So, I was slow to learn of Brenda Dayne's Knitting Scouts. (I was actually directed to it from another source - The AntiCaft. I think that I am worthy of quite few of them already - and to get back into the blogging spirit I am going to proceed to spend a few entries explaining why I deserve each one. These badge opportunities are very exciting to me as I never participated in any scouting organizations as a child (but I knew that I would marry an Eagle Scout since I was 15 - a strange thing that came true).

The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge - As a knitting instructor, I believe that I have well earned this first badge. I started spreading the knit professionally many years ago at Simply Knitting in Santa Clarita. It was a couple of years later before I picked up the role of instructor again at Yarn Garden/Pink Porch in Studio City. I am now in the process of moving on to Anacapa Fine Yarns in Ventura.

I would like to share my current schedule of Proselytizing:

Design A Sweater
Four Sessions-Mondays, September 10, 17, October 1 and 8, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. $75, supplies not included. Skill Level: Advanced Beginner, able to knit and purl confidently. Instructor: Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
If you can make a scarf and have done so once or a couple of times, then you are more than ready to progress to a sweater. In this workshop, we will work out the pattern for a sweater that will fulfill all of your sweater dreams. Once we have completed the dream planning and conquered any of your fears about sweater knitting, we will cast on and work through your masterpieces.

Stitch Sampler Hat
Two Sessions-Saturdays, Sept 15 and 22, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. $40, supplies not included. Skill Level: Advanced Beginner, able to knit and purl confidently. Instructor: Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
Want to see what the stitching world holds beyond garter stitch and stockinette? Are you ready to be the master of moving simple purls and knits into deceivingly simple and impressive designs? Come and learn how easily to combine cables and seed stitch into an attractive hat design.

Baby Hat & Booties
Two Sessions-Tuesdays, October 9 and 16, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; $40, supplies not included. Skill Level: Know how to knit confidently, no purls necessary. Instructor: Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
Adorn an already adorable baby with a cute hat and bootie set. For the girls, we will make a hat linedwith flower petals. For the boys, we will frame their boyish charms in a star. The booties are worked in coordinating colors - cute and functional for sweet little piggies.

Baby Sweater
Two Sessions-Tuesdays, October 30 and November 13, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; $50, supplies not included. Skill Level: Students must have mastered the basics – able to knit and purl confidently. Instructor: Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
Join us as we create a sweet and easy baby sweater to wrap a precious child in stitches of love. This project is a great way to make a memorable gift for someone dear or an heirloom for your own family.

Top Down Shrug
Two Sessions-Mondays, November 5 and 12, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; $40, supplies not included. Skill Level: Know how to knit and purl confidently. Instructor: Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
This shrug is just the thing to cut the chill as the weather changes and to take some of your favorite summer clothes along through the winter. Worked in the easy-to-master top-down raglan style, this project requires the bare minimum in finishing and can be quickly worked up in many styles of yarn to top off your wardrobe.

You can call to sign up ;). (805) 654-9500

If it doesn't work for your schedule and you like something, you can also ge the pattern at AFY or, someday, when I figure out how to sell things that you download, I will have them here.

1 comment:

Tan said...

Your class projects look really darling! I decided to stop teaching after a particularly uncomfortable class experience. My classes at the shop where I used to work had dwindled to 1-2 people, and the shop is kind of a long drive away, so I decided to teach at a closer shop. But at that shop I had an odd mix of students including some who had only taken the class from peer pressure and didn't even want to be there. Maybe I will try it again in the future but for right now I'm just helping people in the neighborhood who have the odd question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails