Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Amiable Amigurumi

These are the amigurumi that I entered last month in the Crochet Me Amigurumi Calendar contest. The winners were supposed to be announced yesterday but no news. Holding my breath still.
You can see a few very cute entries here.
Thing one is called a Smonster. I have made knitted Smonters in the past. Their name arrived in reference to the Smitten, a mitten with two hand holes for lovers to hold hands on a cold walk.









The monkey is named Monkeytoosh. With his features being similar to a sock monkey, I used something like a crocheted sock heel to shape his snout and toosh.


At the bottom, we have the terrifying one eyed, one horned, flying, purple people eater.


If they don't win, then I will make the patterns available on my own. ;) I have to be pleased with their reception around here at least. The boys fight over the Smonster and Dante, who doesn't really care about playing with stuffed animals, has lots of love for Monkeytoosh and the OEOHFPPE.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Very cute! No wonder they're being fought over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails