Monday, April 02, 2007

Meet the Engineer


This is a hat that I made a couple of weeks ago from Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps. This book is great! There is only one project that I couldn't really see making - the bun cover - but I never say never. I watched the author, Afya Ibomu, on an episode of Uncommon Threads; she is an incredibly speedy needler. I believe that she could have crocheted the whole hat that she was demonstrating in the 20 to 25 minutes of allotted air time. The only catch is that her gauge must be pretty loose because I made this on the appropriate hook size and had to add lots of extra rows; even then it was a little uncomfortable, thus its arrival on the little one's head. Ya ya - I know that I should have made a swatch...no, it couldn't be that my gauge is too tight...

How do you like the clip on tie on the collarless shirt? He felt that it made the ensemble very official, like the uniform of a train engineer. Terribly distinguished. It was his perferred attire for racing trains on the Thomas and Friends website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails