Thursday, February 01, 2007

Fly me to the Mango Moon








Here is the Mango Moon Scarf that I was working on way back on our "Snowy Day" (which someone I dearly love did call a big snow which it was for us).

If you recall, I created the stripe pattern via the Random Stripe Generator. I was planning to just keep repeating the sequence of 100 rows until the proper length was reached. Fearing that I would have to repeat it about 4 more times, I set it aside due to dread. Then a different, more hopeful plan occurred to me. I could cast on another matching sequence and each could be the corresponding ends. For the middle, the long ways cast on would again be my sanity. The bias movement of the stripes is created by, on the right side rows, increasing at the start and decreasing at the end. I had left the stitches live on each end section and picked up the same number of stitches on the middle section; then, I used good ole kitchener stitch to join them fairly seamlessly.

There was a fair amount of each yarn left so I offered to make a coordinating hat. To my glee, the offer was accepted. Then, there was tiny bit of each left and I offered to make one more coordinating accessory, which was also accepted, also to my glee. I'll show you what I did with that tomorrow. (Stop complaining; it wouldn't be the first time that I was called a tease.) ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails