Saturday, February 03, 2007

Orange you glad...


That is really my favorite joke. Forever and always.
I was going to wait to show you this one really truly finished but who knows when the amazing lining will actually be inserted into this orange number. I was going to give it a white bottom but it would have been yarn wasteful so I continued with the orange. A white bottom is a silly thing for a purse anyway. The gusset was only lightly torturous since the stacked moss stitch is sorta refreshing. If you make this purse, here is another way that I kept my sanity in knitting the long scarf like object: I knitted a bit, compared it to the blocked edge and placed a yarn maker, rinsed and repeated till I had each four side sections done.

Speaking of blocking, I was never a believer until recently. Mostly, I was a blocking agnostic because I didn't make much that really needed to be blocked; I was making more things that could just be used straight away as is without shaping like hats where the beauty of the cable showed because it was stretched over my nogin. I knew that the purse needed some steam loving to show its real beauty and structure. What a pleasant unveiling as the steam relaxed each stitch into place.

I substituted 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky and worked with it single strand (they wanted double strand). Loverly.

2 comments:

Ansley Bleu said...

Wow! It is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final object.

Kathleen Dames said...

Ooh, I like this! Another project for the queue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails