Friday, March 23, 2007

Episode 3 -Let's Go to the Movies

Thank you for coming back!

This week is all about the movie/knit overlap. There was some excitement out in the knitters' collective consciousness this week - Check out the Yarn Harlot and Guido 2skiens.

Music this week, all found thanks to music.Podshow.com:
Zombie Love Affair, Johnny O and the Jerks
Half as Cool as Han Solo, Dan Beahm and the Invisible Three
Orange Soda, Jody Aaron
South Park Remix, housemetal
1970 Something, Lee Szwast's Rock Project
Sad Movies, Shari
Hollywood, Orange
Suil a ruin, Ceili Moss



F.O.:
Check out the creator of the Princess Leia Hat; she is famous now. Please vote for her and other clever fiber artists at the Softie Awards 2007.

As you can see, mine gets around town. Who wears it the best? Vote in the comments ;). I know my choice...perhaps the natural blond on the far right?



Literate Knitter:
Please forgive the grumpiness in this section. ;) I hope I am not too obnoxious. I do admire Suss's prolific and accessible nature.
Celebrity Scarves, Abra Edelman with Isaac Mizrahi
Celebrity Scarves 2: Hollywood Knits for Breast Cancer Research, Abra Edelman with Daryl Hannah
Hollywood Knits, Suss Cousins
Hollywood Knits Style, Suss Cousins
Starsky
Starsky, Jr.
Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter, Alison Hansel
Weekend Knits, Melanie Falick
Nature Babies, Tara Jon Manning

Movie Mentions:
Search Internet Movie DataBase for the movie titles mentioned. Upon review, there were 33. I just don't want to practice my HTML that badly.

Top 5 Fave Thrilling Horror:
The Shining
Candyman
Frailty
House of 1000 Corpses
Hostel

Top 5 Fave Cheesey Horror:
Urban Legends
Urban Legends III: Bloody Mary
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3

Top 4 Fave Zombie Movies:
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
***28 Weeks Later*** (pending entry)

Others Mentioned:
Star Wars
Scooby Doo
Love Actually
South Park the Movie
Matrix Reloaded
Serendipity
Starsky and Hutch
Cats & Dogs
Master and Commander: the Far Side of the World
Escape From New York
Harry Potter
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Amelie
The Very Long Engagement
Pan's Labrynth
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Crossing Jordan

Blogs:
Bleu Arts
Cinema Knits
The Blue Blog
Amelia Raitte
I May Be Knitting a Ranch House

Oh my Stars' Marvin Pattern
Sock Pr0n - I realized after looking at her comment count and site counter that I may be the only person who hadn't already heard of her ;).

Events:
Star Wars Exhibit - free and going on until Apr. 29, 2007 (parking is $6)
KnitFlix @ Winter Delights - came and went already but take a look anyway

2 comments:

Emano said...

I am trying to download your podcast, but I am not getting an .mp3 file; I'm getting an "AAC audio" file. Do you have mp3 versions, or am I just doing something wrong?

Tan said...

I'm enjoying your podcast! Keep it up. I especially liked the music you played for St. Patrick's Day. You mentioned that you had only found one Irish knitting blog. Here's another: http://celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com/
It sounds like a business, but it's really a person.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails