Friday, January 19, 2007

So I lied.

I couldn't face posting on a dial up connection when I could just wait a day and use the wireless. 3 cheers for speedy. (That is my other excuse for not posting.

Since, we last met I worked very little on the Mango Moon Scarf.

Instead, I played more with Double Knitting. I wanted to make a hat with a varrigated yarn as on side. The swatches worked ok because the colors were not pooling. The gauge was hard to gauge though. ;( SO, I cast on what would work out for the polka dot chart. Sadly, the colors began to pool and the browns in the solid and the vari were too close and had no contrast action. Plus, it was huge-ish. Note for next time: MAJOR CONTRAST!!!!

I tore it out and began again - which was not without its speed bumps. I started this hat with four segments - two chocolate brown and two varrigated - attached via intarsia faushion. But, intarsia in the round doesn't work out so well for me. Luckily, I was able to unlink the round and carry on in the straight. I am really pleased with how it is turning out. (A little sad that I have to do a little sewing at the end, but it is just as annoying as weaving in ends at the end of anything. Also sad that I still want to make a double knit hat - luvin the look of the tubular cast on.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails