Friday, November 03, 2006

looking back



In my current design path, I tried to work in some duplicate stitch. I am fairly good at attacking all knitting skills fearlessly and then becoming fairly efficient fairly quickly - usually in the same project finding success. However, duplicate stitch is not a talent of mine - I really am impressed when someone completely covers the base color. I just cannot make that happen. But, I can intarsia like a mad woman ;). So, I wanted to share my first duplicate stitch project. This beanie was made as my intrusion on an inside joke between my brother and his friend - they were campaigning for Canada to be pronounced as Canadia (long second a). I won't try to further explain it but their reasoning did appeal to me. It got a lot of giggles from him, but was rarely worn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails